Saturday, May 3, 2014

Adios Seattle!

After an extremely busy week, I finally left Seattle today. I've been saying goodbye to friends throughout the week and it was definitely starting to wear on me. I get a little emotional saying bye to people because it's impossible to know when I'm going to see most of these people again. When I first moved to Seattle, I knew nobody and I was extremely depressed and lonely for the first 3 or 4 months I lived there. Now I feel like I'm leaving my extended family behind.


I was able to get a few days of sunshine and boating in this week before I left. We had the warmest weather of the year this week. Unfortunately, the warm weather also caused high avalanche conditions in the Cascades. Due to the unstable snow conditions, Mike and I decided to skip doing Mt. St. Helens and start driving south sooner than planned. Tonight we're staying in Portland with some friends and going to watch a hockey game. Tomorrow we'll be driving to the redwoods in Northern California. Hopefully we'll still be able to climb Mt. Shasta mid-week next week after a few days in the redwoods.


Seeing Mike today felt like a relief after saying goodbye to Seattle. I'm so glad we are finally done doing long-distance and we don't have to leave each other this Sunday to go back to work. I know that we'll have an adjustment period and need to get used to seeing each other every day but I feel like our 2 years being 300 miles apart taught us how to communicate very well. We're both excited to begin this new stage and looking forward to all of the upcoming adventures!





2 comments:

  1. Happy travels! Glad I don't have to worry about if you fell off the mountain (this time)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The car looks about like when you came to Seattle- filled to the brim. Keep in touch with your friends--never know when the world will turn again for you.

    ReplyDelete